Hey there, I hope you like this delicious lemon balm guacamole recipe! I enjoy making this with all organic ingredients. This recipe is free of gluten, dairy, soy, rice, or GMOs.
Lemon Balm Guacamole
Guacamole is a staple in my household. I consider it an essential topping for tacos and burgers.
I’ve been making guacamole for years, but the quality of my guacamole has increased significantly since I started growing lemon balm in the summer of 2019.
This lemon balm guacamole is tangy, garlicky, and refreshingly lemony.
Why lemon balm? It’s naturally delicious, but beyond taste, it has some other benefits. Lemon balm is a type of herb called a nervine, which naturally helps calm down the nervous system. Read this post to learn about all the herbal medicine benefits of lemon balm.
If you have fresh lemon balm from your garden in the summer, use that! Otherwise, you can used dried lemon balm. Remember to plant some lemon balm next year. It is so easy to grow and it spreads prolifically.
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings depending on how much guacamole you eat. If you have more people to feed, you can multiply the recipe.
This lemon balm guacamole will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. The quantity of lemon acts great as a preservative. It doesn’t even begin to go bad!
- 2 avocados
- 2 lemons
- 8-12 lemon balm leaves
- 8-12 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp cumin
- pinch of unrefined sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of cayenne (for spice, optional)
- Tear up fresh lemon balm or crumble dried lemon balm into a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice from the lemons and remove the seeds. Add the lemon juice and pulp to the bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Halve the avocados, remove the seeds, and spoon the green insides into the bowl.
- Add the cumin, sea salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional if you want some spice).
- Use a fork or a potato masher to smash and stir the avocados in with the other ingredients.
- Refrigerate, serve, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy many batches of this lemon balm guacamole! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it!